Welcome to GKC Library and Flexible Learning Centres
Our Libraries are here to support you during your course of study at Glasgow Kelvin College. We have a centre at each campus and our services include:
- Books, eBooks, ejournals, videos and access to online educational databases
- Access to IT facilities - Laptop and Chromebook loans
- Study spaces - A wide range of workshops, video tutorials and webinars
- Support to use the new digital student cards
- Friendly staff to help you use IT facilities and research our resources
- Lapsafe available with devices that can be borrowed for day use
What’s new for 22 -23
- All our centres are currently going through some level of refurbishment to create welcoming, modern and exciting new spaces for our students to use.
- In addition to this, we have updated our Library search facility to a new and exciting SmartSearch platform that makes searching easier and access to resources seamless with help guides and a new Library blog coming soon ...
- We will now be able to deliver online information sessions as well as in person classroom sessions to ensure all our students get the full benefit of knowing what’s ‘out there’ to support studies.
- We have subscribed to over 900 new Nursing eBook titles.
- We have also purchased an array of subject specific eBooks and hard copies and will promote these titles on our new Library platform.
All students can automatically access our services and information about all our services is available from the Library Services Dashboard on the MyKelvin App.
- Throughout the academic year we will be delivering webinars over the lunch breaks. Check MyKelvin for further updates!
- Want to know more information about our fantastic online resources? See MyKelvin or contact the Library!
- Where can you get help and support to reference? See our Cite Them Right online platform for all your referencing needs! We also have some online guides to referencing, and our friendly, knowledgeable Library staff are always happy to show you where to find information and support you!
- Want to get a book from another campus? Check out our Click and Collect videos and information on MyKelvin.
The Library also has a Library Support channel on Teams for any queries.
If you need to contact us, please email
email@example.com General Enquiries
firstname.lastname@example.org Student Card Enquiries
email@example.com Chromebook and Laptop Enquiries